Thursday, December 2, 2010

Breathless

Sometimes I have these moments when the entire world seems to pause, Heaven opens up, and unmeasurable amounts of light, love, and glimpses of eternity flow down to me and all around me. And I am left breathless.

It is at these moments when I know, deep within me, that God exists, that He really is my Father in Heaven. I know that He is the creator of my spirit, and that this world in which I now reside is but a mere moment when compared to the eternities that have been and will continue to be.

Sometimes I focus so much on the things that I have not yet achieved, the goals which seem so distant, that I forget to take a moment to look around. It truly is a beautiful world in which I live. Yes, it is a troubled world. But there is still much beauty that exists throughout the peoples and cultures.

Oh, how I ought to thank my heavenly king! I do not live in a palace and have servants waiting on me hand and foot, but I would not have it any other way. For I have a family who loves and supports me. I have a roof over my head, and food on the table. I do not want for clothing or a job. Each day I get the privilege of using the talents and abilities that God has given me to bless the lives of others. I meet people each with whom I can strive to be a living symbol of what it means to be a follower of Jesus Christ, the Redeemer and Savior of the world.

How grateful I am for the Savior of the world! How undeserving I am of His grace and mercy and love. I am nothing without God. I am nothing without the atonement of His Son, even Jesus the Christ. I am just one in billions, insignificant and small. And yet, I am one. I have individual worth. And I was created with a purpose.

My life has purpose, meaning, and vision. I was sent to this earth to see if I wanted to live with God more than I wanted anything else. And though I sin daily, and fall short of perfection on a regular basis, I know the direction I have chosen to take. I desire to return to my Heavenly Father more than I want anything else in this life. For all real and lasting joy found in this life is tied to this very desire of my heart.

I see the world through the lens of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. He is the core of my own personal foundation. He is the Light, the Life, the Way. He is my brother, and He is my friend. He knows my needs, my strengths, and my weaknesses. And He loves me very much. It is through His infinite atonement that I will one day return to the presence of my Father in Heaven, and wash His feet with my tears.

Somewhere, deep inside, I feel memories of another place and time stir within my soul. I see glimpses of eternity...and I know. I know that God lives, that He is real. I have seen His hand in my life, time and time again. And I give Him all praise, all glory, and all honor. He is my God, and I will serve Him all of the days of my life. I wait patiently for the day when I will get to return home, my heavenly home.... Praise be to God.


No comments:

Post a Comment